Communications Major Scholarship
The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Suncoast Chapter, is hosting its annual scholarship competition for college/university students majoring in communications.
The deadline for applications is March 23 at noon.
To participate, students are required to attend an accredited college or university in Miami-Dade or Broward County; be a sophomore, junior or senior with a declared major in communications/broadcasting with a concentration in television and have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
Also, participants must submit an unofficial transcript, a resume, a one page bio and a 250- to 350-words essay addressing the following questions: Who in the TV industry serves as your role model and why? Considering the variety of media outlets available today, what role does TV play in remaining an important source of news and programming?
Candidates will participate in a personal interview with scholarship committee members, and if awarded, the scholarship must be used for tuition and books only.
For more information, contact:
More Briefing Articles
- ADHD Scholarship Accepting Applications
- Armando Olivera Joins MDC Board Of Trustees
- Calvin Hughes To Speak At Journalism Speaker Series
- Comedian Jen Kober To Perform At Kendall
- Dr. Padrón Named Co-Chair Of Century Foundation National Task Force
- Free Women’s Wellness Fair At Medical Campus
- H.E.R. Concert Movie Screening
- Miami-Dade Community Action Scholarship
- North Campus Celebrates Women’s History Month With The Spoken Word Cafe
- Paid Summer Internship For Social Justice
- Spring Fling Kids Carnival At Kendall
- Wolfson Campus Offers Spring 2012 Miami Writers Institute
- Writers Encouraged To Apply For The Paz Prize For Poetry