Miami-Dade Community Action Scholarship
The Community and Human Services Department of Miami-Dade County is providing $1,500 scholarships to assist low-income students in attending college.
Candidates must reside in the areas of Little Havana, Allapattah, Brownsville, Coconut Grove, Culmer, Edison/Little River, Florida City, Goulds, Hialeah, Liberty City, Naranja, Opa-Locka, Perrine, South Beach, South Miami or Wynwood.
To be eligible, students must have a high school diploma, or a GED, or be working toward one of the two. They must also be between the ages of 16-26, have a 2.0 GPA and must submit an essay.
The application deadline is March 16.
For more information, contact:
Miami-Dade Community Action and Human Services Department
More Briefing Articles
- ADHD Scholarship Accepting Applications
- Armando Olivera Joins MDC Board Of Trustees
- Calvin Hughes To Speak At Journalism Speaker Series
- Comedian Jen Kober To Perform At Kendall
- Communications Major Scholarship
- Dr. Padrón Named Co-Chair Of Century Foundation National Task Force
- Free Women’s Wellness Fair At Medical Campus
- H.E.R. Concert Movie Screening
- North Campus Celebrates Women’s History Month With The Spoken Word Cafe
- Paid Summer Internship For Social Justice
- Spring Fling Kids Carnival At Kendall
- Wolfson Campus Offers Spring 2012 Miami Writers Institute
- Writers Encouraged To Apply For The Paz Prize For Poetry