North Campus Celebrates Women’s History Month With The Spoken Word Cafe
Miami Dade College’s North Campus will celebrate Women’s History Month at an event at the Spoken Word Cafe on March 27 in the Quiet Dining Room from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Featured will be dance, songs and poetry readings.
The event also offers a writing contest for MDC North Campus students. The piece may be an essay, short story or interview and must be original work of no more than 2,500 words, submitted by March 12.
The contest includes cash prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners, ranging from $50-$100. The winners will also have the opportunity to read their winning submission at the Spoken Word Cafe.
More Briefing Articles
- ADHD Scholarship Accepting Applications
- Armando Olivera Joins MDC Board Of Trustees
- Calvin Hughes To Speak At Journalism Speaker Series
- Comedian Jen Kober To Perform At Kendall
- Communications Major Scholarship
- Dr. Padrón Named Co-Chair Of Century Foundation National Task Force
- Free Women’s Wellness Fair At Medical Campus
- H.E.R. Concert Movie Screening
- Miami-Dade Community Action Scholarship
- Paid Summer Internship For Social Justice
- Spring Fling Kids Carnival At Kendall
- Wolfson Campus Offers Spring 2012 Miami Writers Institute
- Writers Encouraged To Apply For The Paz Prize For Poetry