MDC Goes Blue For Child Abuse Prevention
In honor of Child Abuse Prevention month, Miami Dade College illuminated its Freedom Tower, 600 Biscayne Boulevard, in blue at sundown on March 31 and will do so again on April 30 to commemorate the month.
Amigos for Kids kicked-off the month by having its Second Annual Celebration for Friendship Luncheon at the Four Seasons Hotel on Mar. 31. An awards presentation and fashion show honoring Amigos who have helped bring awareness to the problem was held.
On April 28, there will be a Family Fair Day filled with educational seminars to help guide, educate and equip adults with information and resources to promote awareness and attempt to prevent child abuse and neglect. The event will also include games and raffles for the family. It will be held at Jose Martí Park, 362 SW 4th St., from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, contact:
Rosa Maria Plasencia
More Briefing Articles
- 4.0 GPA Scholarship
- Business, Nursing, Teaching Scholarship
- Earth Summit Looking For A Speaker
- Elevation Burger Offers Students College Discount
- MDC Offering Summer Camp Jobs
- MDC SIFE Chapter Gives Back
- Miami Culinary Institute Awarded By The Beacon Council
- Migrant Student Scholarship
- Portuguese-Speaking Student Scholarship
- Professor Selected For National Program
- Prometeo Conservatory Brings To Life Emily Dickinson