MDC SIFE Chapter Gives Back
Miami Dade College Kendall Campus Students In Free Enterprise are giving back to the community.
The groups projects include Sam’s Club’s Step Up for Small Business project, developed to help local businesses raise quality of life and standard of living through environmentally sustainable practices.
The first local business to benefit from the project is 5 Star Nails Salon, 12530 SW 120 St., which now enjoys features like a recycling system for cardboard, plastics and glass, as well as a reduction of theamount of fumes through the introduction of less toxic and water-based nail polish brands.
SIFE is also aiming to change lives on a global scale. Members are participating in Campbell’s “Let’s Can Hunger” project. The group hopes to collect and donate 5,000 pounds of cans in an effort to help end world hunger.
For more information, contact:
Kendall SIFE president
More Briefing Articles
- 4.0 GPA Scholarship
- Business, Nursing, Teaching Scholarship
- Earth Summit Looking For A Speaker
- Elevation Burger Offers Students College Discount
- MDC Goes Blue For Child Abuse Prevention
- MDC Offering Summer Camp Jobs
- Miami Culinary Institute Awarded By The Beacon Council
- Migrant Student Scholarship
- Portuguese-Speaking Student Scholarship
- Professor Selected For National Program
- Prometeo Conservatory Brings To Life Emily Dickinson