Migrant Student Scholarship
By Jocelyn Talavera
Miami Dade College’s long time partner The Maggard Migrant Ministry is granting one migrant student a scholarship. The scholarship is renewable for up to two years.
Established in 1983 as the Arvin & Helen Maggard Scholarship Fund, it is now an endowment in the Miami Dade College scholarship foundation.
Eligible are degree-seeking migrant students who are enrolled or accepted for admission to MDC. Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average and either be a U.S citizen or permanent resident.
In order to apply, students must obtain a letter from the Miami-Dade County Migrant Education Office certifying that they are in the migrant program.
Students must send their letter attached to the full application, postmarked no later than July 14.
For more information, contact:
More Briefing Articles
- 4.0 GPA Scholarship
- Business, Nursing, Teaching Scholarship
- Earth Summit Looking For A Speaker
- Elevation Burger Offers Students College Discount
- MDC Goes Blue For Child Abuse Prevention
- MDC Offering Summer Camp Jobs
- MDC SIFE Chapter Gives Back
- Miami Culinary Institute Awarded By The Beacon Council
- Portuguese-Speaking Student Scholarship
- Professor Selected For National Program
- Prometeo Conservatory Brings To Life Emily Dickinson