Professor Selected For National Program
Miami Dade College InterAmerican and Kendall Campus professor Emily Sendin has been selected to participate in the National Hispana Leadership Institute's 2012 Executive Leadership Program.
Sendin is one of 16 selected for the project. The program focuses on preparing Latinas for positions of national influence, public policy impact, and contributing to the advancement of the Hispanic community.
The Executive Leadership Program has four one-week training sessions that take place at various locations such as San Juan Bautista, California, Harvard University, the Center for Creative Leadership and Washington, DC.
“Being part of NHLI's Executive Leadership Program 25th anniversary class is a milestone in my career,” said Sendin, a literature and leadership professor. “As an educator, activist, and community leader, I look forward to engaging my students in future service-learning projects that foster ethical leadership in their local and global communities.”
For more information, visit:
More Briefing Articles
- 4.0 GPA Scholarship
- Business, Nursing, Teaching Scholarship
- Earth Summit Looking For A Speaker
- Elevation Burger Offers Students College Discount
- MDC Goes Blue For Child Abuse Prevention
- MDC Offering Summer Camp Jobs
- MDC SIFE Chapter Gives Back
- Miami Culinary Institute Awarded By The Beacon Council
- Migrant Student Scholarship
- Portuguese-Speaking Student Scholarship
- Prometeo Conservatory Brings To Life Emily Dickinson