PTK Students Named To All Florida Academic Team
Three Phi Theta Kappa students from Miami Dade College have been selected for the All Florida Academic Team. They received a medallion at the April 5 ceremony held at Valencia College.
InterAmerican Campus student Nikol Limaduran and North Campus student Marcela Bermudez were both named Coca-Cola Silver Scholars, and each received a $1,250 scholarship and a special medallion.
Julieth Ochoa, a Kendall Campus student, was named a Coca-Cola Bronze Scholar, and received a $1,000 scholarship and a special medallion.
Every year, a PTK All-Florida Academic Team is named to recognize outstanding students in The Florida College System. This recognition is given to honor their academic achievement, service to the community and leadership.
“I am extremely thankful to this institution for having welcomed me when I came from Cuba three years ago,” said Julieth Ochoa, PTK president of Kendall Campus. “Regardless of my different educational, economic and cultural background, [Miami Dade College] put me on the same path of opportunity as all the other students.”
For more information, visit:
More Briefing Articles
- Bright Future For Wolfson Campus IRS Intern
- Internships Available At KISS Country Radio
- Lazaro Gamio Selected To Intern At National Geographic
- MDC Instructor Makes The Best 300 Professors List
- MDC Summer Scholarship
- Miami Today Offering Summer Internships
- North Campus Offering Free Quit Smoking Classes
- School Of Justice Offering Free Classes For Survival During A Disaster
- Spanish Radio Station Searching For Interns
- Student Selected For NABJ Student Projects
- Student Simone Salmon Wins Caribbean Ethnicity Pageant