Joshua B. Young Receives Dr. Charles R. Dassance Student Advancement Award
Joshua B. Young director of the Miami Dade College Institute for Civic Engagement and Democracy, received the Dr. Charles R. Dassance Student Advancement Award on May 18 for his contributions to the advancement of student development.
Young oversees the service learning program at all eight MDC campuses, a program which keeps students engaged academically and civically in their community. The program has 200 non-profit volunteer opportunities for students.
He helped launch the program in 1994 when he was coordinator.
“This award shines a light on the importance of the great work we are doing at MDC to combine academic learning with service and civic responsibility,” Young said.
More Briefing Articles
- College Degree In A Year At Wolfson Campus
- Free Quit Smoking Classes
- Hayek Fund Grant Opportunity For Students And Faculty
- Kesia Vazquez Appointed Director Of Access Services
- MDC Professor Named Executive Director Of Haitian American Professionals Coalition
- MDC Students Selected To Participate At Harvard Leadership Conference
- Medical Campus Receives $120,000 Grant
- Miami Dade College Partners With Nova Southeastern University’s School of Business
- Miami Dade College Voting Rally
- North Campus Presents 27th Annual International Ballet Festival of Miami
- Shark Fit at Kendall 2012
- Single Stop Looking For Mentors