Miami Dade College Voting Rally
Student leaders college-wide are planning a massive rally—“Make Democracy Count – A Rally to Vote”—on Constitution Day, September 17.
The purpose of the event is to motivate students about the upcoming election.
At 9:30 a.m. mini-rallies will start at every campus. Then at 10:30 a.m. students and faculty will be transported via double-decker buses from their respective campuses to a rally scheduled for noon at the Wolfson Campus.
Booths with information about upcoming events, voting and naturalization applications will be available for everyone.
The goal of the event is to “stress the importance of voting,” said Lourdes Perez, the dean of students at MDC’s InterAmerican Campus, who is spearheading the prtoject.
Politicians will not be present during the nonpartisan event.
For more information contact Perez at (305) 237-6001.
More Briefing Articles
- College Degree In A Year At Wolfson Campus
- Free Quit Smoking Classes
- Hayek Fund Grant Opportunity For Students And Faculty
- Joshua B. Young Receives Dr. Charles R. Dassance Student Advancement Award
- Kesia Vazquez Appointed Director Of Access Services
- MDC Professor Named Executive Director Of Haitian American Professionals Coalition
- MDC Students Selected To Participate At Harvard Leadership Conference
- Medical Campus Receives $120,000 Grant
- Miami Dade College Partners With Nova Southeastern University’s School of Business
- North Campus Presents 27th Annual International Ballet Festival of Miami
- Shark Fit at Kendall 2012
- Single Stop Looking For Mentors