Single Stop Looking For Mentors
Miami Dade College’s Single Stop is looking for mentors.
To qualify, mentors must be 24 years or older, be living in the Miami area and have at least a two or four year college degree.
The free program connects students with mentors in a two year relationship in which mentors assist students in issues ranging from personal life issues, academic work, and financial aid.
In order to join the program, applicants must fill out a mentor application, attend a one-time mentor orientation and complete a mentor screening process. Once accepted, mentors and students are obligated to meet once a month and be in contact once a week.
The mentoring services are currently available at North and Wolfson campuses. For More Information contact Single Stop USA director Barbara Pryor, at (305)237-1448 or visit www.mdc.edu/singlestop
More Briefing Articles
- College Degree In A Year At Wolfson Campus
- Free Quit Smoking Classes
- Hayek Fund Grant Opportunity For Students And Faculty
- Joshua B. Young Receives Dr. Charles R. Dassance Student Advancement Award
- Kesia Vazquez Appointed Director Of Access Services
- MDC Professor Named Executive Director Of Haitian American Professionals Coalition
- MDC Students Selected To Participate At Harvard Leadership Conference
- Medical Campus Receives $120,000 Grant
- Miami Dade College Partners With Nova Southeastern University’s School of Business
- Miami Dade College Voting Rally
- North Campus Presents 27th Annual International Ballet Festival of Miami
- Shark Fit at Kendall 2012