U.S. District Court Judge Marcia G. Cooke modified the conditions of Joaquin Amador Serrapio Jr.’s probation on Sept. 18 after reading statements he made in a news article published in the Sept. 11 issue of The Reporter.
- Pitching In To Vote: Wolfson Campus student Patricia Jasahui, casts her mock vote for president at the bean bag toss at the Making Democracy Count voter education rally at Wolfson Campus as other rally attendees watch. — DONNALYN ANTHONY / THE REPORTER
- Baby Bush: George P. Bush, son of former Florida governmor Jeb Bush, spoke to students at Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus on Sept. 20 about the importance of voting. — ALYSSA ALVAREZ / THE REPORTER.
- Back To College: NBC6 anchor Adam Kuperstein interviews players from Miami Dade College's volleyball team on Sept. 13 at the Kendall Campus during a live segment. Kuperstein was joined by NBC6 sports anchor Joe Rose during the visit, which was part of the station's "College Week" programing. — ALYSSA ALVAREZ / THE REPORTER
- Rocking Out: Ammanda Pardiñas, aka Mandy Lane, an 18-year-old music performance major at MDC plays homage to Led Zeppelin with a medley of "You Shook Me", "I Can't Quit You Babe", and "The Lemon Song" at an open mic event hosted by the Miami Music Revolution- Music Entertainment Industry Student Association on Sept. 12 at the Kendall Campus Koffee House. — IRMA GUTIERREZ / THE REPORTER
- Wall of Democracy: A rally participant adds her thoughts to the "What is Democracy to you?" board at the Making Democracy Count voter education rally at Wolfson Campus on Sept. 17. — DONNALYN ANTHONY / THE REPORTER
Two Miami Dade College students spoke at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. in early September. The duo channeled the confidence of seasoned politicians to deliver poignant messages.
Students from all eight Miami Dade College campuses encouraged to use their right to vote at Making Democracy Count—a voter education rally—held at Wolfson Campus on September 18.
Sophomore outside hitter tears her ACL injury during a scrimmage against Barry University on Aug. 28.
Mama Lucy’s All Pro Ribs provides great homestyle food a mere five blocks from the North Campus.
- ‘Put it Down’ Campaign Launched At MDC
- Eight MDC Professors Selected as 2012 Endowed Teaching Chairs
- GotChosen.com $40,000 Scholarship Now Available
- Mayte Pino Appointed Testing Director At West Campus
- Miami Herald Staff Writer Speaks at MDC
- Poll Workers Needed For Upcoming Elections
- Read-A-Thon At Kendall Campus
- Trend Setters Organization Opens at North Campus
- UF Partners With MDC on Distance-Ed Program
- Vangard Women In Information Techonology $10,000 Scholarship Program
- Year Up Launches Professional Training At The Wolfson Campus