Vangard Women In Information Techonology $10,000 Scholarship Program
Female students demonstrating academic excellence in computer science, computer engineering, web design or other information technology related disciplines are being offered $10,000 scholarships through The Vanguard Women in Information Technology Scholarship Program.
Starting this fall, the program offers merit-based scholarships of up to $10,000 to female students entering their junior or senior year of college during the 2013 school year.
Applications are being accepted until Nov. 30.
To apply, students must be currently enrolled full-time at a qualifying four-year accredited college or university in the US and remain enrolled for the entire 2013-2014 academic year; they must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
"The program's goal is to help female students excelling in computer science, because there's an increasing need to encourage the girls having those skills", said Connie P. Gartner, the Program Manager.
For more information visit:
http://sms.scholarshipamerica.org/vanguardwomenintechnology or call 1-800-537-4180.
More Briefing Articles
- ‘Put It Down’ Campaign Launched At MDC
- Eight MDC Professors Selected As 2012 Endowed Teaching Chairs
- GotChosen.com $40,000 Scholarship Now Available
- Mayte Pino Appointed Testing Director At West Campus
- Miami Herald Staff Writer Speaks at MDC
- Poll Workers Needed For Upcoming Elections
- Read-A-Thon At Kendall Campus
- Trend Setters Organization Opens at North Campus
- UF Partners With MDC on Distance-Ed Program
- Year Up Launches Professional Training At The Wolfson Campus