MDC To Participate In Mangrove Project
A partnership between Miami Dade College’s Earth Ethics Institute and the Miami Museum of Science will allow students and faculty to participate in the Reclamation Project, an eco-art project aimed at spreading the importance of mangrove trees.
During the project, MDC students will collect mangrove seeds and install them at MDC campuses. The project will be exhibited at the Kendall, Wolfson, InterAmerican, Hialeah, and Medical Campuses. It is expected to be completed by mid-October.
In December, the mangroves will be replanted in an area designated by the Miami Museum of Science that is in need of mangroves. The project was started by local artist, Xavier Cortada, in 2006 in an effort to spread eco awareness while gauging our ability to coexist with nature.
For More Information Please Contact:
Earth Ethics Institute Director
More Briefing Articles
- Become A Dog Ambassador, Help Dogs Find Homes
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Buy Dolphins Tickets, Raise Money For MDC
- Dance Competition To Raise Money For United Way
- Emerging Artists Student Choreography Dance Concert
- Free Dance Workshops For MDC Students
- GraduateTutor Awards Up To $5,000 In Scholarships
- Healthy Relationships Seminars At Wolfson
- Medical Campus Students Tour Stem Cell Research Lab At Jackson Memorial Hospital
- New Aviation Program Director
- New Express Bus Route Travels Through Medical Campus
- Ramón Millán Appointed College-Wide Chief Information Officer