Carbon Monoxide Awareness 5K Walk/Run
The Anthony’s Light Foundation Inc., will be sponsoring a Walk and Run for Carbon Monoxide Awareness at Tropical Park’s Football Stadium, 7900 S.W. 40 St., on Nov. 10.
Registration for the event begins at 8:30 a.m. and the walk will start at 10:30 a.m. The event is part of the foundation’s second annual Walk & Safety Fair which will include food, music and raffles.
The foundation serves to spread awareness and prevention of carbon monoxide poisoning as well as provide internships and scholarships.
Established in 2004, Anthony’s Light is a non-profit organization that was established by Vilma Perez after her son, MDC alumnus Anthony J. Perez, died at the age of 25 from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Service learning and volunteer hours will be available to those attending.
For more information please contact
Vilma Perez (305) 505-2860
More Briefing Articles
- Election Day Requirements
- Fishing Contest At Kendall Campus
- Gio Benitez of CBS4 to Kick-Off 2012 MDC Journalism Speaker Series
- Gun Control Debate To Be Held At Kendall Campus
- Let’s Get Psyched Event At Kendall Campus
- MDC Professor Publishes ebook Against Bullying
- Miami International Book Fair At Wolfson Campus
- School Of Engineering And Technology Scholarships
- Science, Math and Technology Scholarship
- Yemen Blues Performs At MDC Live Arts