The Reporter and Café Cultura Get Top State Honors
The winners were announced at the Florida College System Activities Association awards banquet in Daytona Beach, Fla. on Oct. 12. This year’s competition was based on newspapers and magazines printed during the 2011-12 school year.
The Reporter staff has won 32 awards from the FCSAA in the past two years including 18 first-place honors. The newspaper’s first-place awards for this year included: Monique O. Madan, News Story and Feature Story; Melissa Adan, Sports Writing; Mark Pulaski, Picture Story; Donnalyn Anthony, News Photo; Irma Gutierrez, Feature Photo; Manuel Palou, Ad Design; and Staff Award, Design.
First-place awards in the literary magazine competition (Division A) included: Raffaele Ammavuta, Urbana, InterAmerican Campus, Art; Ani Gonzalez, Devora Perez, Café Cultura, Hialeah Campus, Art Works; Online Publication, Urbana; Jorge Cura, Rosendo De Vicente, Frank Pellegrino, Devora Perez, Nerys Torralbas, Café Cultura, Illustrations With Text; Elizabeth Fernandez, Café Cultura, Design; and Jorge Cura, Elizabeth Fernandez, Café Cultura, Cover.
First-place awards (Division B): Matthew P. Garcia, Miambiance, Kendall Campus, Poem; Irene Inatty, Claudia C. Marina, Nicole Nartowicz, Miambiance, Poetry; Christian Canete, AXIS, North Campus, Fiction;Luis Castenada, Metromorphosis, Illustration With Text and Cover; Alejandro Alvarez, Kyrstin DiMercurio, Metromorphosis, Photography; Harmony Calhoun, Luis Castenada, Metromorphosis, Illustrations With Text; Staff, Metromorphosis, Design; and Staff, Miambiance, Staff Page.
More News Articles
- Father Of Four Dies In Construction Accident At West
- Four Dead, Several Injured After Parking Garage Collapses At West Campus
- Homestead Campus SGA President Resigns Due To Health Issues
- Judge Rules That Residents With Undocumented Parents Shouldn’t Pay Out-Of-State Tuition
- North Campus Inaugurates State-Of-The-Art Recording Studio
- North Campus Student Dies After Car Accident
- West Campus Adjusts After Disaster