Vincent Bates Appointed Chairperson Of Math Department At North Campus
Vincent Bates has been selected as the new chairperson of the math department at North Campus.
Bates is an alumnus of Shaw University, a historically black college he attended for his bachelor’s degree. He received his master’s degree at the University of Iowa and his P.H.D in mathematics from Morgan State University.
Prior to Miami Dade College, Bates worked as a dean at Mount Wachusett Community College in Massachusetts, as a college professor at Anne Arundel Community College in Maryland and as Department Chairman at Prince George’s community college in Maryland.
“I’ve always loved to teach,” Bates said. “Along with teaching, I’ve accumulated 28 years of experience working in community colleges and 10 years of experience working alongside minority students. The chairperson position grants me the ability to teach students along with being a leader amongst my colleagues at Miami Dade College.”
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Scholarship Contest
- Boren Scholarship Program for STEM and Study Abroad Students
- Harvard Offers to 30 Students to Work with Scientists
- Kathleen McGrory Of The Miami Herald Featured At Journalism Speaker Series
- Kendall Campus Presents “Kendall Comes Alive”
- MDC Live Arts Presents “Live! The Realest MC”
- Reporter Alumni Selected For Internships
- School Of Life Sciences Receives $150,000 Grant From Bank of America
- Student Wins $1,000 Scholarship Contest
- Student Wins Young Arts Merit Award In Writing
- Volunteers Needed At Miami International Film Festival