Hialeah Campus Receives Grant To Create Cultural Center
Miami Dade College Hialeah Campus received an $80,000 grant from the John S. and James L. Knight foundation, to create the Hialeah Cultural Center.
The Campus was one of 34 chosen grant winners for the 2012 Knights Arts Challenge Miami.
The center’s purpose will be to ensure the security of the art and culture found in Hialeah. The Campus will prepare a launch event to demonstrate the work of local artists and give prominence to public discussion on intellectual and artistic freedom.
The Campus will also partake in several activities such as hands-on-art projects and videos of the oral histories of Hialeah, in hopes to commemorate and preserve the arts.
More Briefing Articles
- Author-Taught Spring Writing Courses At Wolfson
- Award-Winning Author And Journalist Brian Bandell Featured Speaker
- CROPS Open At North Campus
- Free Meditation Classes
- Free Tax Preparation Services From Single Stop USA
- MDC Launches Social Entrepreneurship Academy
- MDC Live Arts Presents The Method Gun
- Scholarship Opportunity For Women 35 And Older
- Volunteers Needed At Miami International Film Festival
- Wanda Curtiss Selected Vice President Of Commissions for the AFC