Miami Culinary Institute Wins People’s Choice Award At Culinary Competition
The Miami Culinary Institute students won the People’s Choice Award at the 9th Annual American Institute of Wine and Food Culinary School BBQ competition.
Students competed against schools like Johnson and Wales University, Le Cordon Bleu, The Art Institute, and Florida International University. Whole Foods Market supplied nine briskets to each team and required them to enter their dishes into two categories: best bbq and best side dish.
According to John Richards, director of the Miami Culinary Institute, the event was exciting because “The students came up with their ideas three days before, took time to season the meat with rubs and allowed their meat to be smoked for one whole day. They themselves found their way to the people's choice award".
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity For Portuguese Speaking Students
- ESPN.com NBA Columnist, Israel Gutierrez, To Host MDC Journalism Speaker Series
- Food Carnival At Meek Center
- Hacer Scholarship Program for Students of Hispanic Descent
- Medical Campus To Host Health Fair
- Scholarship Opportunity For Veterinary Science Majors
- Wolfson Campus Hosts Street Fair In Celebration of Black History Month