Miami Dade College welcomed Cuban blogger Yoani Sánchez to the Freedom Tower on April 1. The blogger emphasized problems currently facing Cuba, and the need for the Cuban community—in Miami and Cuba—to become unified.
CARLOS LLANO/COURTESY OF MDC MEDIA RELATIONS
Keeping It Jazzy: Vocalist Angela Hagenbach performed at the Wolfson Campus auditorium on March 20 as part of the Jazz at Wolfson Presents series.
GREGORY CASTILLO/THE REPORTER
Driving The Lane: Heat forward LeBron James drives and dishes during the first quarter of an NBA basketball game between the Charlotte Bobcats and the Miami Heat at the American Airlines Arena on March 24. The Heat won the game 109 to 77.
IRMA GUTIERREZ/THE REPORTER
Chalk Art: Maria Alejo was one of several students at Kendall Campus who armed themselves with chalk to create colorful masterpieces on the sidewalk at the Fred Shaw Plaza on April 3. The event dubbed the "Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival" was part of Arts & Letters Day 2013, which ran from April 1-10, and included events featuring dance, music, art and literature.
EDGARD LOBO/THE REPORTER
Frank's Ugly Art: The Greenway Campaign at North Campus kicked-off on March 26. Above, Miami-based artist “Frank's Ugly Art” paints an original work on a piece of recycled dry board
IRMA GUTIERREZ/THE REPORTER
Unmasked: The Visual Arts Student Organization unleashed a giant insect that made its way around Kendall Campus on April 1. Talia Ore was one of several students from VASO who created colorful masks for the event, which was part of the celebrations for Art & Letters Day 2013.
Eric Gonzalez, the lawyer representing the family of Samuel Perez, one of the four victims of the Oct. 10 West Campus parking garage collapse, revealed a new finding from a forensic investigation at a March 28 court hearing.
The Miami Dade College baseball team clinched first place in the Southern Conference on April 3 with a 10-2 victory against Indian River State College that qualified them for the state tournament.
- Café Cultura Wins Top Awards At The Columbia Scholastic Press Association Golden Circle Competition
- Chinese Summer Camp Program Sponsored By Confucius Institute
- InterAmerican Campus Student Awarded Position Of Campus Compact 2013 Newman Civic Fellow
- Interior Design Students Win “Most Historical” At Interior Design Association Design Mix Show
- Kendall Campus All-Star Jazz Band Performance
- Kendall Campus On Stage Series Presents Jazz Vocalist Nanami Morikawa
- Kendall Campus Presents 500 Years Later As Part Of Genocide Education Week
- Miami Bayside Foundation Scholarship Now Available
- Miami Dade College 2013-2014 Scholarship Available To Students
- New World School Of The Arts Presents Entrances and Exits Exhibition