Reporter Alumna Lands Paid Internship At CNBC
Melissa Adan, who served as the Kendall Campus Bureau Chief for The Reporter last year, has been awarded a paid internship at CNBC through the National Association of Hispanic Journalists’ summer fellowship.
Adan, 20, will intern in New York City from June 10 to August 25 at CNBC headquarters as a production intern. Her duties will include assisting directors with their shoots, editing stories, doing interviews and helping backstage.
She is pursuing her bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism at Boston University. Adan is currently serving as the online editor of The Daily Free Press, the independent student newspaper at BU.
While in Miami, Adan previously interned at CBS4 and Univision. At CBS she wrote news scripts, logged tapes, set up interviews for reporters, shadowed producers, and responded to callers of the CBS hotline. At Univision she worked on the assignment desk for the evening news.
Adan spent two years sharpening her skills at The Reporter, first as a briefing writer than as a senior writer. She wrote stories ranging from the dismissal of Head Softball Coach Carlos Caro to the rescue of seven ducklings that had fallen into a sewer system at Kendall Campus.
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity For Education Majors
- Amigos For Kids Recognizes Eduardo Padrón and Jorge Plasencia At Third Annual Celebration Of Friendship Luncheon
- Le Petit Soldat Awarding $1000 Scholarships To Students Enrolled in Spring Semester
- Miami Dade College Hosts Flag Designing Contest
- Miami Dade College Presents MDC Live Arts Lab Summer Internship
- On Stage Series Showcasing Jazz Choir and Vocal Fusion Concert
- Reporter Alumna Lands Reporting Job In Fort Myers
- The Center For Literature and Theatre To Host Writing Workshops
- Wolfson Campus Presents Emerging Artists Art Student Showcase