Reporter Alumna Lands Reporting Job In Fort Myers
Alexandra de Armas, who served as the North Campus bureau chief for The Reporter during its inaugural year, has accepted an on-air reporting position in Fort Myers, Florida.
De Armas, 22, will be a multimedia journalist for WBBH, the NBC2/ABC7 affiliate in Fort Myers. The station does 18 newscasts a day, and is in the 62nd market nation-wide.
Her first day on the job will be June 3rd. De Armas will be reporting, shooting and editing stories.
"I know this is a station that primarily covers hard news,” de Armas said, “ so I'm excited and ready to jump right in, be challenged and learn a lot.”
De Armas is scheduled to graduate from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in telecommunications on May 5th. She produced the 5 p.m. newscasts for WUFT 5, a student-run TV station owned by UF last semester.
In addition, she has worked as a part-time reporter at WCJB TV 20 an ABC affiliate and for Comcast Newsmakers while in Gainesville.
While in Miami, de Armas interned at WFOR, a CBS affiliate, WTVJ, an NBC affiliate, and Univision 23.
"I've always dreamt of being a TV reporter close to home in Miami, and this opportunity makes my dream a reality,” de Armas said.
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity For Education Majors
- Amigos For Kids Recognizes Eduardo Padrón and Jorge Plasencia At Third Annual Celebration Of Friendship Luncheon
- Le Petit Soldat Awarding $1000 Scholarships To Students Enrolled in Spring Semester
- Miami Dade College Hosts Flag Designing Contest
- Miami Dade College Presents MDC Live Arts Lab Summer Internship
- On Stage Series Showcasing Jazz Choir and Vocal Fusion Concert
- Reporter Alumna Lands Paid Internship At CNBC
- The Center For Literature and Theatre To Host Writing Workshops
- Wolfson Campus Presents Emerging Artists Art Student Showcase