Police Issuing Tickets For Jaywalking Near Hialeah Campus
Hialeah Campus students and staff who do not use the crosswalk on West 49th Street run the risk of receiving a $77.50 fine for jaywalking.
The regulation was always in place, but the campus recently started posting a reminder on its facebook page.
The 2012 Florida Statutes Title XXIII MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316 states that “No pedestrian shall, except in a marked crosswalk, cross a roadway at any other place than by a right angles to the curb.”
Thus far, pedestrians have obeyed the law, according to Ana María Bradley-Hess, Dean of Academic and Student Affairs at the campus.
For more information contact:
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity For Education Majors
- 12-Year-Old MDC Student Wins First at Chinese Speech and Skit Competition
- Ceramics Exhibition at InterAmerican Campus
- Falcon Times Alumni Lands Reporting Job In Alabama
- Glenda Phipps Elected President Of Dade County Library Association
- MDC President Honored by South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- MDC’S Virtual Humanities Course Wins Awards
- National Endowment for The Arts Grant awarded to MDC’s Live Arts
- School for Advance Studies Once Again Top of The Nation
- Teatro Prometeo To Perform Cyrano Mío At Wolfson