MDC Museum of Art + Design Inaugurates New Alumni Exhibition Series
By Jonel Juste
Miami Dade College’s Museum of Art + Design will inaugurate a new alumni exhibition series—Swing/SPACE/Miami—at the Freedom Tower, 600 Biscayne Blvd., Sept. 20 at 6 p.m.
Swing/SPACE/Miami features five solo group exhibitions by alumni from MDC and New World School of the Arts, who have excelled in their particular artistic fields.
The featured artists are William Cordova, Liliam Dominguez, Lauren Pascarella, Tatiana Vahan, and Leandro Vazquez.
The exhibit will run through July 12, 2014 with one artist being featured at a time. The first exhibit will showcase Leandro Vazquez’s work from Sept. 20 through Nov. 2. The museum is free and open to the public; museum hours are 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday.
More Briefing Articles
- Continuing Education Receives Grant for Adult Education
- IFE-ILE Dance and Music Company To Perform at IAC In Celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Kendall Campus Provides English Training For Brazilian Teachers
- MDC Alumni Wins $4,000 Merit Scholarship To Attend Cornell University
- MDC To Celebrate Constitution Day With Event At Freedom Tower
- MDC’s Physician Assistant Program Earns Top Honors At National Medical Challenge Bowl
- Nature Days Every Second Saturday Of The Month At The Environmental Center At Kendall Campus
- New Water Bottle Fillers Installed At North and Wolfson
- Parking Decals and MDC ID’s Available At Student Life Department
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) brings National Preparedness Month to all MDC Campuses
- Volunteer Note Takers Sought To Help Students With Disabilities