Florez Tabbed As New Director Of International Student Services At Wolfson Campus
Cristina Florez is the new director of International Student Services at Wolfson Campus. Florez, a Wolfson Campus alum, started her new position on Aug. 19.
The Wolfson Campus has 550 international students, Florez said. She will assist them with immigration issues and helping them get into Miami Dade College.
Before joining MDC, Florez worked at the University of Miami as the assistant director of International Student and Scholar Services for 12 years. She previously lived in Spain for four years and France for six years where she taught students English as a second language.
Florez has a masters degree in foreign language education in French from the University of Reims in France.
Her advice to college students is to “pay attention, follow guidance and enjoy the ride.”
More Briefing Articles
- Business Seminar at InterAmerican Campus
- Clash of the Clubs at North Campus
- Dolphin Legend Dan Marino’s Son To Kick Off National Disability Awareness Month
- Emerging Artists Student Choreography Dance Concert
- McCune Selected As New Student Life Director At Wolfson Campus
- MDC Gallery North Features Work Of Venezuelan Artist Jorge Dager
- MDC Professor Awarded Fulbright Grant To Teach Law Courses In India
- North Campus To Host College Transfer Fair on Oct. 24
- USC Theater Professor To Speak At Kendall Campus
- Wolfson Campus To Host MIA Animation Conference And Festival