InterAmerican Campus Receives League for Innovation Award For Learning And Teaching
Miami Dade College InterAmerican Campus has been awarded the Innovation of the Year Award from the League for Innovation in the Community College, in the category of learning and teaching.
The College received the honor for its work with Project Accelerated Content-Based English (ACE), an accelerated English for Academic Purposes program for English-learners with strong academic backgrounds.
“For me as an educator, receiving recognition for innovation in teaching and learning is the most valuable because these activities are what we do,” said Michelle Thomas, the chairperson for ESL/World Languages Department at the InterAmerican Campus.
More Briefing Articles
- $2,500 Offers.com Savvy Saver Scholarship
- Award-Winning Author,Donna Tartt, To Speak At Wolfson Campus
- Free 511 Hotline Offers Commuters Traffic Updates
- Get2MDC.com Promotes Green Ways Of Commuting
- Marta Magellan Awarded The 2013 Distinguished Adviser Award By The College Media Association
- MDC’s Museum of Art + Design to host Elaborate Webs/Striking Exploits
- Miami Culinary Institute’s Norman Van Aken Named to James Beard Foundation’s National Advisory Board
- Miami Dade College Ranks among Country’s Most Military-Friendly Schools
- Spain’s Former Minister of Defense to Serve as Professor in Residence at Wolfson Campus
- The Institute for Civic Engagement & Democracy Offering Recycling Services
- Wolfson Campus Clubs Will Hold United Way Fundraiser