MDC’s Museum of Art + Design to host Elaborate Webs/Striking Exploits
A new exhibit, entitled Elaborate Webs/Striking Exploits, will run from September 13 through November 17 at Miami Dade College's Museum of Art + Design located at the Freedom Tower, 600 Biscayne Blvd.
The exhibit will present paintings by Kansas-based artist, Anne Austin Pearce and local artist, Sara Stites.
In the appreciation and production of traditional fine art, the pieces make use of "nature, decay, personal landscapes and the ironies of contemporary society" to comment on the topics feminism and the difficulties of being a "mid-career" artist.
The exhibit is free and open to the public, Wednesday through Sunday from 12 p.m.to 5 p.m.
More Briefing Articles
- $2,500 Offers.com Savvy Saver Scholarship
- Award-Winning Author,Donna Tartt, To Speak At Wolfson Campus
- Free 511 Hotline Offers Commuters Traffic Updates
- Get2MDC.com Promotes Green Ways Of Commuting
- InterAmerican Campus Receives League for Innovation Award For Learning And Teaching
- Marta Magellan Awarded The 2013 Distinguished Adviser Award By The College Media Association
- Miami Culinary Institute’s Norman Van Aken Named to James Beard Foundation’s National Advisory Board
- Miami Dade College Ranks among Country’s Most Military-Friendly Schools
- Spain’s Former Minister of Defense to Serve as Professor in Residence at Wolfson Campus
- The Institute for Civic Engagement & Democracy Offering Recycling Services
- Wolfson Campus Clubs Will Hold United Way Fundraiser