Miami Culinary Institute’s Norman Van Aken Named to James Beard Foundation’s National Advisory Board
Chef Norman Van Aken, the director of restaurants at Miami Dade College’s Miami Culinary Institute, has been named as a member of The James Beard Foundation’s National Advisory Board.
Aken, who is recognized for introducing the concept of “fusion” into the culinary field, has written five cookbooks, and has a weekly show, “A Word on Food”, on WLRN 91.3 FM.
The Foundation’s purpose is to celebrate, preserve and nurture America’s culinary heritage. Aken said that James Beard was his inspiration to become a chef, which makes him extra pleased to be a part of the organization.
More Briefing Articles
- $2,500 Offers.com Savvy Saver Scholarship
- Award-Winning Author,Donna Tartt, To Speak At Wolfson Campus
- Free 511 Hotline Offers Commuters Traffic Updates
- Get2MDC.com Promotes Green Ways Of Commuting
- InterAmerican Campus Receives League for Innovation Award For Learning And Teaching
- Marta Magellan Awarded The 2013 Distinguished Adviser Award By The College Media Association
- MDC’s Museum of Art + Design to host Elaborate Webs/Striking Exploits
- Miami Dade College Ranks among Country’s Most Military-Friendly Schools
- Spain’s Former Minister of Defense to Serve as Professor in Residence at Wolfson Campus
- The Institute for Civic Engagement & Democracy Offering Recycling Services
- Wolfson Campus Clubs Will Hold United Way Fundraiser