Spain’s Former Minister of Defense to Serve as Professor in Residence at Wolfson Campus
Carme Chacón Piqueras, Spain’s former Minister Of Defense, will serve as a professor in residence at Miami Dade College during the 2013-14 school year.
Piqueras will be based at the Wolfson Campus. Her duties will include serving as a lecturer for MDC’s Office of International Education, The Center for Latin American and Caribbean Initiatives (CLACI), and the Institute for Civic Engagement & Democracy.
“She is interested in identifying the best practices to ensure the access of every student to higher education” said Juan Antonio Blanco, the executive director of the CLACI. “We are very happy and lucky that she took that bold decision”.
Chacón, who obtained a law degree from the University of Barcelona, previously served as a lecturer and professor of constitutional law at the University of Girona in Spain.
More Briefing Articles
- $2,500 Offers.com Savvy Saver Scholarship
- Award-Winning Author,Donna Tartt, To Speak At Wolfson Campus
- Free 511 Hotline Offers Commuters Traffic Updates
- Get2MDC.com Promotes Green Ways Of Commuting
- InterAmerican Campus Receives League for Innovation Award For Learning And Teaching
- Marta Magellan Awarded The 2013 Distinguished Adviser Award By The College Media Association
- MDC’s Museum of Art + Design to host Elaborate Webs/Striking Exploits
- Miami Culinary Institute’s Norman Van Aken Named to James Beard Foundation’s National Advisory Board
- Miami Dade College Ranks among Country’s Most Military-Friendly Schools
- The Institute for Civic Engagement & Democracy Offering Recycling Services
- Wolfson Campus Clubs Will Hold United Way Fundraiser