Miami Dade College Picked For Walmart Brighter Futures 2.0 Project
Miami Dade College was one of twelve community colleges chosen to participate in the Walmart Brighter Future 2.0 Project, whose purpose is to equip low-income youth and adults with twenty-first century skills, education, and training that is essential for them to become financially independent.
Led by the League for Innovation in the Community College, the college along with other selected colleges, will create programs and services for low-income individuals over the next few years with a $3.5 million grant donated by the Walmart Foundation.
Each participating college will receive up to $233,333, for training and service purposes. Individuals will also obtain job counseling and assistance with résumé writing and interviewing techniques.
More Briefing Articles
- City Of Doral Offering Three $1,000 Scholarships for West Campus Students
- Forclosure.com Offering $5,000 Scholarship
- Kendall Campus Presents Art of Dance Concert
- MDC Homestead Campus To Host Series Titled: Let’s talk about it: Muslim Journeys
- MDC Kendall Campus To Host Sex Education Boot Camp
- MDC’S Kendall Campus Earns LEED Gold Certification
- MDC’S Museum of Art + Design Presents Rituales en Haiti
- White House Summer Internship Program Seeking Applicants
- Wolfson Campus Helps Students Prepare For Finals
- Wolfson Campus Selects New Director Of Testing
- Wolfson Campus To Host AIDS Awareness Day