MDC’S Kendall Campus Earns LEED Gold Certification
The new Academic Support Center (Building R) at Kendall Campus, which opened its doors last January, received a LEED Green Building Certification of Gold.
LEED is a certification program that recognizes buildings for its design, construction, high green performance, and it verifies that the building is operating exactly the way it was constructed to.
Based on a point system, buildings earn points for satisfying specific green building criteria.
This isn't the first time Building R has being recognized for its excellent construction. In August the building was recognized by The Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects.
More Briefing Articles
- City Of Doral Offering Three $1,000 Scholarships for West Campus Students
- Forclosure.com Offering $5,000 Scholarship
- Kendall Campus Presents Art of Dance Concert
- MDC Homestead Campus To Host Series Titled: Let’s talk about it: Muslim Journeys
- MDC Kendall Campus To Host Sex Education Boot Camp
- MDC’S Museum of Art + Design Presents Rituales en Haiti
- Miami Dade College Picked For Walmart Brighter Futures 2.0 Project
- White House Summer Internship Program Seeking Applicants
- Wolfson Campus Helps Students Prepare For Finals
- Wolfson Campus Selects New Director Of Testing
- Wolfson Campus To Host AIDS Awareness Day