Culinary Students Win First Place At Harvest Festival Mystery Basket Competition
Miami Dade College’s Miami Culinary Institute won first place at the American Culinary Federation Broward chapter’s Harvest Festival Mystery Basket Competition in November.
The competition consisted of creating four-course meals under one hour and fifteen minutes, with mysterious ingredients that were to be revealed by the judges.
With one half of an oven, MCI students Ana Alfonso, Errol Johnson, Cindy Arrate, Karina Gonzalez, and April Pizzo beat prestigious schools like Johnson & Wales, Le Cordon Bleu and The Art Institutes.
“We worked really hard,” Gonzalez said. “ I didn't want to let our team down.”
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Poetry Scholarship Available To Students
- Clinton Global Initiative Awards $10,000 to MDC students
- College President Eduardo Padrón Recognized By Spain's Prince And Princess
- Collegewide Collection For The Philippines
- Homestead Campus To Host Holocaust Lecture
- InterAmerican Campus To Host Holiday Celebration
- Mas Family Scholarship Offers $36,000 To Students Of Cuban Descent
- Miami Dade College Receives 2013 Chancellor’s Best Practice Award
- Miami Dade College’s Wolfson Campus Presents Little Women
- President’s Volunteer Service Award Available To Volunteers
- Student Showcase Of Films Offering $10,000 In Scholarships And Awards