President’s Volunteer Service Award Available To Volunteers
Miami Dade College awards the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA), to students who complete 100 or more service learning hours within a year period.
The national award includes a certificate of completion, an official PVSA pin, and a letter from the President of The United States.
Students can qualify after serving at an approved non-profit organization.
In the summer, MDC’s Institute for Civic Engagement and Democracy (iCED) will hosts a college-wide President’s Volunteer Service Award Ceremony at Wolfson Campus. During the event students will be recognized on stage, and receive their pin.
“Applications for the award are available in February and the deadline to submit is in May” said the ICED student ambassador Bridget Christian.
For more information, contact one of the following Institute for Civic Engagement and Democracy offices:
Hialeah Campus: 305-237-8858.
Homestead Campus: 305-237-5205.
InterAmerican Campus: 305-237-6734.
Medical Campus: 305-237-4291
Kendall Campus: 305-237-0859.
North Campus: 305-237-1820.
Wolfson Campus: 305-237-3848.
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Poetry Scholarship Available To Students
- Clinton Global Initiative Awards $10,000 to MDC students
- College President Eduardo Padrón Recognized By Spain's Prince And Princess
- Collegewide Collection For The Philippines
- Culinary Students Win First Place At Harvest Festival Mystery Basket Competition
- Homestead Campus To Host Holocaust Lecture
- InterAmerican Campus To Host Holiday Celebration
- Mas Family Scholarship Offers $36,000 To Students Of Cuban Descent
- Miami Dade College Receives 2013 Chancellor’s Best Practice Award
- Miami Dade College’s Wolfson Campus Presents Little Women
- Student Showcase Of Films Offering $10,000 In Scholarships And Awards