Miami Dade College Receives Grants by the National Endowment For The Arts
Miami Dade College’s (MDC) cultural affairs department, MDCulture was selected by the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) to receive a grant to support MDC Live Arts, the Miami International Film Festival (MIFF), and the Big Read.
With a grand total of $97,000, the departments were each awarded different amounts.
MDC Live Arts was awarded $40,000 for Presenting & Multidisciplinary Works.
MIFF claims they will use their award of $40,000 to support the 31st Miami International Film Festival.
The Big Read was awarded a $17,000 grant to be used to promote readings of books from different authors.
MDCulture strives to bring together cultures and ideas, creating new opportunities and increasing diverse population.
More Briefing Articles
- $30,000 Truman Scholarship For Graduate Studies
- Diario las Americas Seeks MDC Students To Submit Unique Images of Miami
- InterAmerican Students Wins $2,500 Scholarship
- Kendall Campus To Celebrate Chinese New Year
- MDC Galleries Of Art + Design Exhibits Portraits and Conversations with Veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan
- MDC Launches Emergency Preparedness Education App
- NBC’s Today Show Comes to Miami Culinary Institute
- The National Journal host event at Wolfson Campus
- The Society of Professional Journalists Is Offering Scholarship Awards Of Up To $2,500
- The Works of Emilio Hector Rodriguez To Be Exhibited At The West Campus Gallery
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance To Help Faculty, Staff And Student With Their Taxes