Arts and Entertainment
MIFF Selects Film By Reporter Editor-in-Chief As Official Entry Into CinemaSlam
It’s About Time, a short-film written and directed by Reporter Editor-In-Chief, Mark Pulaski, was selected as Miami Dade College’s official entry into the Miami+Shanghai CinemaSlam—Miami International Film Festival’s student-film competition.
The film will be screened along with 12 other student films from South Florida and China on March 10 at 6:30 p.m. at Regal South Beach Stadium 18 where it will be competing for one of four prizes.
Pulaski wrote and directed the 11-minute adventure-comedy about a pair of time-traveling college roommates for his Film Production 4 class.
In addition to Pulaski, fellow Reporter staff members also served as cast and crew for the film: staff writer Crystal Esparza served as co-writer/producer, videographer Edgard Lobo worked in the camera and lighting department, and photographer Gregory Castillo had a voice-over role.
“I’m happy that the film has gotten such a positive reaction so far,” Pulaski said. “All the hard work from me and my crew really paid off.”
Tickets to the Miami+Shanghai CinemaSlam are available through the MIFF website.
More Arts and Entertainment Articles
- 9 Mile Leaves Audience Convulsing After A Hit And Miss Show
- Arctic Monkey’s Frontman Woos Crowd At Fillmore
- Broken Bells’ After The Disco Proves That Unlikely Duos Sometimes Strike Gold
- Free Seminar For Entrepreneurial Student Filmmakers
- MIFF 2014 Highlights
- More Than 600 Thousand Binge-Watched House of Cards Season 2 Within 72 Hours Of Release