MDC Alumni Awarded For Excellence in Theatrical Design and Technology
The Kennedy Center awarded MDC graduate, Johanna Gonzalez, the prestigious Focal Press/Rafael Jaen Award for Excellence in Theatrical Design and Technology along with a scholarship to attend a seminar at the Stagecraft Institute of Las Vegas this upcoming summer.
Gonzalez, 22, a recent MDC graduate, is known for her innovative, theatrical costume designs.
She is transferring to Florida International University to complete her bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in Theatre Design.
By attending the week-long summer seminar in July at the Stagecraft Institute of Las Vegas, Gonzalez hopes to expand her knowledge about costume designing in a more sophisticated setting.
“It will be my first hands-on experience in the real world,” Gonzalez said.
More Briefing Articles
- Association of Government Accountants Scholarships
- Bernie Navarro Appointed to Miami Dade College's Board of Trustees
- Graduation Rally Held For Upcoming MDC Graduates
- MDC Students Picked To Travel To Brazil In The Summer
- MDC Students Win Top Honors at 25th Annual FFEA State Conference
- MDC Students Win Top Interior Design Awards
- MDC’s Medical Campus To Host Active Shooter Workshop
- MDC’s School of Education Hosts Masters Degree Fair
- Nicole Roman The Newman Civic Fellow
- Westway Electric Supply $1,000 Scholarship
- Wolfson Campus Holds STEM Video Series