MDC Students Win Top Honors at 25th Annual FFEA State Conference
Students from the Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus Chapter of the Florida Future Educators of America Professional (FFEA Pro) returned from their annual state conference in Orlando, FL, with top honors.
MDC went up against other colleges and universities across the state.
Florida Future Educators of America (FFEA) is a pre-collegiate and collegiate program that provides a forum for students to become aware of career opportunities in education and nurtures their interest in teaching as a career.
MDC School of Education senior Krishel Panton won the first-place award for her speech entitled “Giving Back,” which she presented to more than 250 conference attendees.
Sophomore Andreany Arce won first place for her essay on a teacher who inspired her to reach for her dreams. The chapter also brought home the first place award for Chapter Spirit.
“I am so proud of our FFEA members for their achievements,” said Rebecca Sanchez, advisor for the chapter. “They prove that MDC students are not just leaders in the classroom, but professionals outside of the classroom as well.”
More Briefing Articles
- Association of Government Accountants Scholarships
- Bernie Navarro Appointed to Miami Dade College's Board of Trustees
- Graduation Rally Held For Upcoming MDC Graduates
- MDC Alumni Awarded For Excellence in Theatrical Design and Technology
- MDC Students Picked To Travel To Brazil In The Summer
- MDC Students Win Top Interior Design Awards
- MDC’s Medical Campus To Host Active Shooter Workshop
- MDC’s School of Education Hosts Masters Degree Fair
- Nicole Roman The Newman Civic Fellow
- Westway Electric Supply $1,000 Scholarship
- Wolfson Campus Holds STEM Video Series