Wolfson Welcomes New ACCESS Director Helen Muñiz Bermudez
Helen Muñiz Bermudez is Miami Dade College Wolfson’s new ACCESS Director.
ACCESS—an acronym for A Comprehensive Center for Exceptional Student Services—was formed to provide support and services to people with disabilities.
Bermudez, a social worker who received her MSW from Florida International University, has experience in crisis counseling, case management, individual and family counseling, substance abuse and mental health, and medical and home health social work.
Prior to joining the Wolfson Campus, she served as a school social worker and advocate with Miami-Dade County Public Schools focusing on assisting students and parents with special education services and community resources.
Bermudez said that she is “excited about the opportunity to help students, particularly veterans, overcome the barriers they encounter as they pursue their educational goals.”
She can be reached at the ACCESS offices at Wolfson Campus, 300 NE 2nd Ave., Room 1180, as well as at by phone: (305) 237-3371.
More Briefing Articles
- A Midsummer’s Film Festival: Shakespeare On The Big Screen
- CINTAS Presents Impact And Legacy At Freedom Tower
- INTERAMERICAN CAMPUS HOSTS DOMINOFEST
- Reporter Alumna Lands TV Reporting Job In Texas
- Summer B Registration Now Open
- Summer Camp Registration For ArtSouth Has Begun
- Teatro Prometeo To Participate In International Hispanic Theatre Festival
- The Influencers Hits The MDC Museum of Art + Design
- WEST CAMPUS GALLERY INTRODUCES ANTONIO PEREZ MELERO ARTWORK