Financial Aid & Scholarships
May I use a financial aid award to pay for Virtual College classes?
- Absolutely! All students who qualify for financial aid may use their funds to pay for Virtual College courses. The only difference is that students must pay an additional $15 per credit for Virtual College classes.
Who Qualifies for Financial Aid?
To be considered for most needbased assistance, you must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Be registered with selective service, if required
- Not be in default on a previous student loan or owe a repayment on previous federal financial aid received at any institution
- Be enrolled at least half-time in an eligible program of study (some aid is available only to full-time students)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
Additional requirements may apply depending on the financial aid awarded to you.
How do I get started?
- Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please include the federal school code for the MDC Wolfson Campus - 014631 - so the results of your application are sent to us automatically.
- The FAFSA is also required in order to apply for loans and scholarships.
- The processing may take from four to eight weeks so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Where do I find information about scholarships?
- Miami Dade College offers students information about several types of scholarships and how to find the best one for you.
- For more information, visit MDC’s scholarship page.