To access MDC's image databases,
click one of the following:
Intranet use ONLY
Extensis Portfolio is the engine behind our DAM system. Use the links below to find out more about the exciting things you can do once your assets have been uploaded into a well-designed system like ours.
New to Extensis?
Take a quick tour.
Already a pro and want to know more about DAM?
Find out more.
Our Digital Management System (DAM) holds close to one million images. The "Image Bank" is an ever growing catalog of images that are being taken on a daily basis by our photographers. The "Photo Archives" is a collection of selected historial images.
MDC's Image Bank and Photo Archives may be accessed through three intranet interfaces: The Portfolio Web Client, the Portfolio Desktop Client, and NetPublish (view/download only).
Starting with the release of Portfolio 10.1 we added the Web Client interface, one of the two alternatives to manage our digital assets.
To obtain login access to the Web Client, please contact your campus Media Services Director and he/she will get you the necessary access with Dario Mercado.
The Portfolio Desktop Client software is the most complete way of managing digital assets. This interface, like the Web Client, is only for those responsible for uploading, cataloging and tagging material. If you are in a supporting or management role of the Miami Dade College DAM system, please make sure you are using the latest version of Extensis Portfolio, Portfolio 11.2.0 download for Windows, or Portfolio 11.2.0 download for MAC.
1. Download the MDC NetPublish Templates (PC and Mac).
2. Unzip files and put them in the following location*:
• Macintosh – Users/your home folder/documents/Portfolio/NetPublish/User Data/Sites/web
• PC – C:\Documents and Settings\print\My Documents\Extensis\Portfolio\NetPublish\User Data\sites\web
3. The MDC Templates will be available for you the next time you try to make a NetPublish site.
* Create hierarchy if folders are not present, or go through the steps of creating a Netpublish site for the first time (Portfolio will create the folder structure in the proper location).
By Bert Perez
Enjoy our two-session video tutorial about MDC's digital management system, Portfolio, including how to install the software and all the system's nuts and bolts.
Miami Dade College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status,
sexual orientation, or genetic information. Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs/ADA Coordinator, at 305.237.2577 for information.