What are Learning Outcomes?
Learning outcomes are specific educational goals that are related to the mastery of intellectual and practical skills. The Miami Dade College Learning Outcomes are learning goals that emphasize the lifelong skills needed to be successful in work and life and to participate in our society as a global citizen. Although the Learning Outcomes are traditionally associated with general education courses, they are fostered and developed across the entire educational and co-curricular activities associated with the students' major courses of study.
Purpose: Through the academic disciplines and co-curricular activities, General Education provides multiple, varied, and intentional learning experiences to facilitate the acquisition of fundamental knowledge and skills and the development of attitudes that foster effective citizenship and life-long learning.
As graduates of Miami Dade College, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively using listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Use quantitative analytical skills to evaluate and process numerical data.
- Solve problems using critical and creative thinking and scientific reasoning.
- Formulate strategies to locate, evaluate, and apply information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures, including global and historical perspectives.
- Create strategies that can be used to fulfill personal, civic, and social responsibilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical thinking and its application to issues in society.
- Use computer and emerging technologies effectively.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for aesthetics and creative activities.
- Describe how natural systems function and recognize the impact of humans on the environment.