As democracy’s college, Miami Dade College changes lives through accessible, high-quality teaching and learning experiences. The College embraces its responsibility to serve as an economic, cultural and civic leader for the advancement of our diverse global community.
Important Policies and Procedures
Please Note: Miami Dade College reserves the right to cancel classes and/or programs for which there is insufficient enrollment, to close a class when the enrollment limit in that class is reached and to make any schedule changes as necessary, including a change in time, days, credit, location or instructor. In the event of cancellation, the College will notify each registrant by email and will issue a full refund. Miami Dade College is not responsible for any other related expenses.
As a college student, you now have control of your destiny. A college education not only prepares you for a profession, but it is also an important step in making you a more productive member of society. Miami Dade College takes great pride in offering a high quality and challenging learning environment that will expose you to myriad opportunities for discovery and growth. You also play a central role in fostering and maintaining a quality academic environment for yourself and others.
You can expect
- excellence in teaching
- encouragement of innovation and creativity
- a free exchange of ideas
- respect for cultural diversity
- a comprehensive array of services to maximize your academic success
You are expected to
- attend classes regularly and on time
- succeed and do well in your classes
- strive for personal excellence
- treat others with courtesy and respect
- contribute to the marketplace of ideas at the College
- demonstrate personal and academic integrity in your dealings with others
- make a positive contribution to the multicultural, multiracial environment at the College
- share responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the physical surroundings.
Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Statement
Miami Dade College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution which does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, ethnicity, pregnancy, sexual orientation or genetic information.