Learn Anytime, Anywhere
Offering hundreds of courses, the Virtual College makes it possible to "attend" class without ever coming to campus. You can mix online courses in with your face-to-face classes - allowing you to work around a busy schedule - or complete a variety of degree programs entirely online.
- At MDC's Virtual College, students receive the same great education that is delivered in its classrooms.
- MDC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, ensuring that all earned credits are recognized nationwide.
- Students receive access to a range of student services, including technical support, online tutoring, advising, and more.
- Virtual College offers the newest technologies that enables our faculty to deliver a high-quality educational experience.
Getting started at MDC's Virtual College
The following steps will guide you as you begin your student experience at the Virtual College.
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee
- Request high school, GED, and/or previous college transcript(s)
- Apply for financial aid and/or scholarships
- Take the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT), if required. Out of area students have the option of requesting a placement test at a remote location.
- Create myMDC student account to access your new email
- Students who reside outside of Miami-Dade County obtain an MDC ID. Complete and mail notarized MDC ID Application with a copy of current passport, driver's license or state identification
After you have created your myMDC account, the college provides you with your own free myMDC e-mail account. You may access your new e-mail account at any time after creating your myMDC student account.
Complete the Virtual College Orientation
Contact the Student Support Center at (305) 237-3800 to select courses and register
Review MDC tuition rates. Please note that the fee for most Virtual College courses is $15 per credit. (i.e. $45 for a 3-credit course)
Get your textbooks in advance for best availability
- Send form to:
Student Services, Virtual College
Miami Dade College
300 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Room 3704
Miami, Florida 33132
If you have any questions, contact the Student Support Center