Learn Anytime, Anywhere
Offering hundreds of courses, the Virtual College makes it possible to "attend" class without ever coming to campus. You can mix online courses in with your face-to-face classes - allowing you to work around a busy schedule - or complete a variety of degree programs entirely online.
At the Virtual College, you'll find:
- The same great education that Miami Dade College delivers in its classrooms. The College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, ensuring that you'll earn credits that are recognized nationwide
- Hundreds of course options and a wide variety of degree choices
- Access to a range of student services, including technical support, online tutoring, advising, and more
- The newest technologies that enables our faculty to deliver a high-quality educational experience
Getting started at MDC's Virtual College
The following steps will guide you as you begin your student experience at the Virtual College.
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee
- Request high school, GED, and/or previous college transcript(s)
- Apply for financial aid and/or scholarships
- Take the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT), if required. Out of area students have the option of requesting a placement test at a remote location.
- Create myMDC student account to access your new email
- Students who reside outside of Miami-Dade County obtain an MDC ID. Complete and mail notarized MDC ID Application with a copy of current passport, driver's license or state identification
After you have created your myMDC account, the college provides you with your own free myMDC e-mail account. You may access your new e-mail account at any time after creating your myMDC student account.
Complete the Virtual College Orientation
Contact the Student Support Center at (305) 237-3800 to select courses and register
Review MDC tuition rates. Please note that the fee for most Virtual College courses is $15 per credit. (i.e. $45 for a 3-credit course)
Get your textbooks in advance for best availability
- Send form to:
Student Services, Virtual College
Miami Dade College
300 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Room 3704
Miami, Florida 33132
If you have any questions, contact the Student Support Center