InterAmerican Campus VITA
School of Business and the Internal Revenue Service presents 2017 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
A free service designed to help prepare Individual Income Tax returns for community residents.
Dates and Times
February 8th to April 12th, 2017
|Wednesdays||11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
Items You Need to Bring
To have your tax return(s) prepared at a VITA or TCE site you need to bring the following information with you:
- Proof of insurance coverage (form 1095 A or B or C)
- Prior year tax returns
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
627 SW 27th Avenue
Miami, Fl 33135
P: (305) 237-6484
- E-File - Electronic filing available in all locations
- English and Spanish. Customers will only be accepted until 3:00 p.m.
Assistance is available in English and Spanish.Customers will only be accepted until 3:00 p.m.