VITA Offers Free Tax Assistance
Miami Dade College’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Offers Free Tax Assistance for Low-income Taxpayers
Dates and Times
Location A - Bldg. 6 - Room 6343.
Taxpayers must sign in no later than 3:30pm
February 4th – April 14th, 2016
||2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location B - Bldg. 2 - Computer Courtyard/ Library - Room 2118.
Taxpayer must arrive at the site one hour before closing.
February 4th – April 15th, 2016
|Monday - Thursday
||9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
||9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Items You Need to Bring
- Social security card and the social security cards of any dependents to be claims.
- Picture ID (Driver’s License) and medical insurance card or form 1095-A, B or C
- W-2 earnings statement (interest, dividends, etc.)
- 1099 MISC (for self-employed individuals only)
- 1099 INT (interest income)
- Any documents pertaining to expenses to be claimed (cancelled checks for direct deposit of refund or payments, receipts, and prior year tax returns etc…)
- All documents must be originals and not copies.
Kendall Campus --VITA/Single Stop
11011 SW 104th Street
Miami, Fl 33176
Location A: Building 6 - Room 6343
Location B: Building 2 Library - Room 2118
Driving Directions to Kendall Campus
Prof. (Laura) Hoa N. Burrows
P: (305) 237-2375
Lab: (305) 237-2283
P: (305) 237-2502
Assistance is available in English and Spanish
Volunteer tax assistants will prepare:
- Form 1040EZ.
- Form 1040A with Schedule 1,2,3 and IEC.
- Form 1040 with Schedule A, B, C-EZ, D, EIC, R and SE.
- Form 1040V.
- Form 1040 ES.
- Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit).
- Form 8812 (Additional Child Tax Credit).
- Form 8863 (Education Credits).
- Earned Income Credit.