The REVEST Program will offer the following program options free of charge
(Including the cost of tuition and books):
Program Training Options:
1) Vocational English for Speakers of Other Languages (VESOL) Program
2) Employability Skills Seminars
3) Vocational Credit Certificate Programs & Continuing Workforce Education Courses
4) Vocational Skills Labs
5) Citizenship, language and civics instruction
Vocational English for Speakers of Other Languages (VESOL) Classes:
- The REVEST Program offers various levels of VESOL.
- All students must take the CASAS test (an English placement test) before registering for classes to determine the appropriate level of instruction.
- Each level of VESOL lasts 16 weeks and includes one week of the Employability Skills Seminar.
- Books are distributed to students free of charge. Students may keep their books if they complete the class. If a student withdraws from class, s/he must return the books to the REVEST Program.
- Each level of VESOL has a CASAS test and a departmental final exam.
- Students completing VESOL Level Three and who are interested in PSAV courses must take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Students will be informed of test dates and times by their instructors.
Career Technical Education (Formerly PSAV) & Continuing Workforce Education Courses:
The REVEST Program offers a limited number of short-term vocational training programs in high-demand fields. Students who complete the Career Technical Education Program graduate with a Certificate of Completion.
Citizenship Program (CP):
The REVEST Program offers citizenship, English language skills and Civics instruction for lawful permanent residents who reside in Miami-Dade County. Classes meet three times a week for 2 hour sessions. Courses last 16 weeks, Students who successfully complete the course receive a Certificate of Completion.
Back to REVEST Home Page
Back to REVEST English Page