The mission of the Office of Accreditation is to support the achievement of the College’s mission, vision, and strategic goals by ensuring that the College remains in compliance with the standards of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and adheres to all SACSCOC policies. The office supports the College community in continuous quality improvement activities and reporting, and assists accredited programs in meeting reporting requirements.
- Facilitate institutional accreditation activities in partnership with the SACSCOC Institutional Accreditation Liaison, Academic Affairs, and other College units responsible for compliance with standards
- Support program accreditation activities in partnership with relevant units across the College, to include review of reports and evidence, participation in site visits, and serving as a liaison between the programs and the District
- Coordinate planning and reporting for, and support implementation and analysis of, the College’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
- Maintain documentation related to accreditation requirements, including an archive of institutional and program accreditation reports
- Facilitate collegewide unit reporting of institutional effectiveness activities through the Annual Effectiveness Reports (AERS), Annual Campus Reports (ACR), and Academic Program Review (APR)
Miami Dade College Accreditation
Miami Dade College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Miami Dade College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC's website (www.sacscoc.org).