Stop the Spread
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (Apply Social Distancing Rules).
- Always practice good hygiene – wash hands, cover mouths while coughing and sneezing, and avoid sharing food, cups or utensils.
Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home. To practice social or physical distancing:
- Stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people
- Do not gather in groups
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
Watch for symptoms
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
For more information please visit the CDC's Coronavirus symptoms webpage.