The K-12 Teacher Education Programs Department of Miami Dade College School of Education (MDC SOE) offers programs that prepare students to become teachers. Florida Department of Education recognizes MDC SOE’s programs as being among the best teacher preparation programs in state of Florida. Complete our programs and you will get a teaching position – in some cases, before you even graduate!
MDC SOE offers the Associate in Arts degree that includes the Florida Department of Education statewide common prerequisite courses (EDF1005, EDF2085, EME2040) which are required by all state-approved teacher preparation programs. Hallmarks of the program include:
- Jobs upon program completion
- A focus on educational neuroscience and social-emotional learning
- Student support for the Florida Teacher Certification Examination
- Clinical experience that bridges theory and practice
- Research-based best practices
- Dedicated faculty and professional development opportunities
- A technology-infused program
Our Associate in Arts programs prepare you for admission to our bachelor degree program. Most K-12 Teacher Education Program courses require field experience and that the student clear a Level II background check (See Fingerprinting).
Graduates from MDC's teacher preparation programs now serve Miami-Dade County as elementary school teachers, and middle and high school science and math teachers, as well reading and math coaches, school psychologists, speech therapists, assistant principals, school principals, researchers, and faculty in higher education.