Become a Shark! Join MDC’s Dual Enrollment / Early Admissions Program
Thank you for your interest in Miami Dade College's Dual Enrollment Program. Please review the simple 6-step process below.
Step 1: Apply for Admission and Activate Your Student Account
- Secondary School Student must apply for Dual Enrollment Admission at MDC
- Once Admissions Application for Dual Enrollment has been processed - students will receive an assigned MDC ID Number
- Activate your student account
Step 2: Provide Evidence of College Readiness
Beginning with the Fall 2022 semester, student eligibility requirements for initial enrollment in college credit dual enrollment courses must include meeting a 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA) and demonstrated college readiness through the assessment of communication and computation skills (i.e., traditional and alternative tests or high school courses). Secondary School Counselors can refer students for placement testing or provide evidence of college readiness through alternative tests or high school courses.
- You can provide test scores for the following approved exams:
- PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10 (PSATNMSQ10)
- ACCUPLACER NG
- FSA (End of Course Algebra/Geometry ONLY)
- ALEKS PPL
- If you don't have scores from any of these tests, you would need to arrange to take the PERT or ACCUPLACER placement either at your high school or at MDC.
- To take the test at MDC, your high school counselor would need to submit a testing request form
- Schedule an in-person test at MDC
- Schedule a remote testing appointment
- Minimum college ready placement test scores required for dual enrollment
- Meet with your secondary school counselor for more information on eligibility criteria including approved high school courses.
Step 3: Begin Adding Courses to Your Shopping Cart
- All courses taken as part of dual enrollment must be approved by your secondary school counselor
- Please work with your counselor when choosing your classes
- These classes count towards high school graduation so it is important that you select the right courses
Step 4: Secondary School Counselor Approval
Your counselor will access your shopping cart and review your course selection, verify your eligibility, and approve you for registration.
Step 5: Registration
Your assigned Miami Dade College Dual Enrollment Coordinator will verify and register you for the courses that your secondary school counselor has approved.